J and I got the keys to our very first home on Friday and are official homeowners!!
Our move began on Saturday morning.. we had 10 of our closest friends over (don't worry we fed them pizza and beer) and they helped us get 100% moved out of our storage unit. What a good feeling that was to get finished.
//our moving dream team//
Sunday J and my Dad spent the day stripping all of the old baseboard/crown moulding out of the house so we can start fresh and new. We cleaned the walls and prepped them for paint which begins tomorrow! Lot's of projects in the works for us.. can't wait to show you all before and after pictures!
We took today and tomorrow off from work to get some good progress made on some of our projects and also to be there when our appliances get delivered!
Up next, baby appointment Tuesday!
We are already at 16 weeks and can't wait to see how big he/she has grown since last time!
The concept is simple - think of five things that make you happy/that you love/on your mind..
1. Happy Birthday to MEEEE! (Well, tomorrow) I have been spoiled with all of the birthday love that the month of October brings. Family, friends, co-workers - all have been treating me so amazing. I am surrounded my love and great people in my life.
2. Baby love. You all were SO SWEET with all of your amazing congratulation wishes to me as I begin this new journey in life. I am obviously so happy and your kindness is so touching to me!
3. I am loving everything and anything pumpkin. I swear the grocery store becomes that much better every year when pumpkins and cornstalks greet you in to the store. Fall is here in full swing in the Pacific Northwest and I am loving it all (minus the rain)..
4. This was from this past weekend but I got to meet up with my best girlfriend from college and have a sleepover. We are exact opposites in life, it's pretty funny actually - but together we just click. She is one of the most wonderful people in my life and I am just so happy dorm life brought us together 7 years ago.
5. Just because I really like this picture..
Happy Weekend to you all! Off to a birthday massage I go...
A funny little happened while on my "blog hiatus"..
Two months ago I started getting pretty bored with the space of mine. It was repetitive, the content was lacking and I was confused on where the direction of my blog was going. I was posting decent weekend updates and participating in the occasional link up but it was becoming boring for me.
Whether we like it or not we are divided into blog social groups and I was on the outside looking in. I was two years into my marriage and no longer could relate to the newly engaged/newly married bloggers. I was living at home with my parents to save some money to buy a house - which was a huge blessing but again no content to blog about. My DIY skills were lacking because I did not have the space or life reasons to have a million projects. I was not pregnant and did not have a kid - so there goes the mommy blogger social circle. I was stuck and wondered "what the heck am I doing".. I was vicariously living through my blog friends and their fun events going on in their lives.
So now is where the present day comes into play. There are some big life happenings going on in my life and I am so excited to announce...
I am filled with so much excitement sharing this news to you all!
And while we are on the topic of great, exciting news..
We also bought a HOUSE! After many ups and downs searching for "the one" we finally found one that is so great for us. It will definitely keep us busy with many projects but we feel that it is great for us to raise a family in and the location is just wonderful.
I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment with all that is going on in my life but I really have no complaints. The excitement and joy all of our family and friends are feeling with us makes it all worth it.
So here is to the next step in my life, the next step for my blog and fun for all of the adventures to come!