Saturday, November 24, 2012

Random Ramblings

I watched Football yesterday. Aren't ya proud?

Washington State University vs. University of Washington.

MY COUGS WON!


It made me think of all my Southern blog friends - because you girls represent when it comes to the game. When I read your weekend recap posts during football season you girls always look adorable. Perfect hair, perfect make up, perfectly color coordinated outfits - ya'll seem to know exactly what you are doing and rock it. 


I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving - I sure did. It was great spending the day with family, eating delicious food and relaxing!

This is me in Kindergarten! What a cute pilgrim I was!


I have so many things to be truly thankful for and I need to spend more time giving thanks. It breaks my heart thinking of those who spend the holiday season alone.. spend some extra time practicing patience, smiling at a stranger, buying someone coffee.. You never know someones life situation and I just wish we all could be friends.

Four day weekends should be the normal. I wish,

Tomorrow I am making these yummy energy bites! I made them years ago but Pinterest reminded me of these treats.. and they are SO easy to make!


Today I had a personal training session at the gym. I explained to him that I am loving all the workouts he is teaching me but I hate how self conscious I feel when I am in the middle of the room for everyone to watch.  He reassured me everyone else felt the same way and were only paying attention to themselves - which I do believe. BUT of all the things he makes me do after our conversation... He made me do this ab workout called the DEAD BUG???!!!!! 


Basically you alternate your arms and legs each rep and flap around looking like a struggling bug??? Talk about feeling self conscious......

I just watched the movie Country Strong. I was impressed by miss Blaire Waldorf's (Leighton Meester) singing skills. Pretty decent movie for a Black Friday deal at Target! 


And now I am off to decorate our Christmas tree!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! 

19 comments:

  1. Cracking up about the dead bug...what a name! Your trainer is right, everyone is only focused on themselves. Go you for working with someone! I hope he teaches you a lot :) omg, you and your little pilgrim self-so cute! And way to rep your team! Love college sports-they are awesome! Can't wait to see your tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the blog hop. Your blog is so cute and you have a hilarious writing style. I'm your newest follower!
    Check out my blog if you have the time. I'm new to the blogging world.

    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    Phylicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those energy bites, I should probably make some again, I haven't in a few months!

    Love your blog, new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that the football girls do tend to go all out when getting dressed up for a game!!

    Found you on the blog hop!

    ashleyspain.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Country Strong until the end...then I remember it was kind of depressing. :P Cute little pilgrim pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at 'no-bake!'
    I'm your latest follower, visiting from the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been making those energy balls non stop! I love them and trying out different variations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely forgot about "Country Strong", I meant to watch it. Would you recommend it?

    Just followed you via the "I love my online friends" blog hop. So happy to find your blog :)

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, you the pilgrim. love.

    Aloha,

    Stopping by to follow ya from the Monday link up. How sweet it is to discover another beautiful blogging voice. We are riding the wave of life at Local Sugar Hawaii and I would so love it if you'd join us for the fun. The door is always open for ya, stop by anytime, if you please.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. One year on Thanksgiving my wife announced, "I think we should watch a football game together." Keep in mind she had never before seen a football game. ANY football game. She didn't make it halfway through the first quarter, but I appreciated the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I am your newest follower! You are such a doll and I also nominated you for the Liebster Award, it's for bloggers with under 200 followers to get more follows!! Follow Back!
    http://mommy-inthe-making.blogspot.com/2012/11/and-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, funny you posted something about the dead bug. I gave this to a client today while on top of a bosu ball and he couldn't stop shaking. Eventually by the third set his central nervous system woke up and realized what it needed to do and it became less shaky. Love this exercise.
    Thanks for linking up to the Empowered Living hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have that recipe or something similar. I just don't have any of the "wet" ingredients, or maybe I do...I need to check. Yay for football! I am really sad it is starting to wind down though. It truly is my favorite sport. ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower from te Tell Me About It blog hop! I love the movie Country Strong! I realllly love Garret Hedlund's (Beau) country voice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the "Only in the south" e-card! I am a new follower from Tell me About it Tuesday! I can't wait to read more from you. :)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahah love the ecard!! and happy to be a new follower from GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited to see the Cougars win! I am a huge WSU fan :)
    Dead bug is quite the name for an exercise, haha! I couldn't agree more with your personal trainer - everyone else is focusing on themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the Cougs! The game was totally awesome...and love the ecard too. I lived in the South for a year and it's soo true.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower from MamaLaughlin's blog. I am also a Washitonian (sp?), I live in Spokane. Go Cougs!!

    ReplyDelete