Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social

Happy Sunday! This post was fun for me - but I think I concentrated on late elementary through junior high. I would hope to think that I was a bit more together come high school :) Also, pardon the editing on this post - I am making some changes to my blog and this one got messed up with some color changes! 

1. What were you like in Middle School/HS? I laughed at this one. I found two pictures that are very me late junior high/early high school. Crimped hair for special occasions, I used so much sun in during the summer that my hair was orangey blonde, tiny lensed sun glasses (they were blue), shorts that basically rode up my crotch.  I was a fashion nightmare, but felt so cool at the time.


Personality wise - I am proud to say I was friend with everyone.  I was very in to our school ASB, school spirit was my middle name. I absolutely loved school (minus the girl drama) it was such a easy time in life.

2.  What were your favorite past times? I loved (and still do) my Tamagotchi. Seriously, they were the best. I loved sleepless sleepovers with friends and waking up in the morning and their parents would have breakfast waiting for us. Playing outside all day/evening without a cell phone, feeling safe and our parents feeling safe that wherever we were we would be okay. Collecting Beanie Babies - and actually believing we would make money off of them in the future because they would go up in "value".  I remember my brother buying me a Beanie Baby Selling Guide from our Scholastic Book Order's one year for Christmas. Times sure were simple.   



3. What songs were you obsessed with?(Backstreet Boys anyone?) Anything Britney Spears! Is it sad that my music taste has not changed to much since then?? I was a Boy Band girl all the way too - so anything that had my hottie boys singing songs about love and broken hearts, when they themselves were teenagers..........  

4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? Old Navy Family Performance Fleece, circa 1999 anyone???  I at church that year everyone was getting family pictures for our church directory and a majority of the families came in wearing their fleece vests in matching colors for their pictures.  

5. Who was your celeb crush? You do not know how bummed I am that I cannot find a picture of my bedroom from junior high of my bedroom.  This would have represented me and my BOY CRAZINESS! My room was covered with Boy Band posters - they were in section by band. 98 degrees (Nick Lachey, yummy), N'SYNC (JT, mmmmmmmm) O-Town (remember them?) Backstreet Boys (Nick Carter, duh)... I lived for these guys. I also had pictures of Leonardo Dicaprio, Prince William (5 foot tall poster), JTT, and any other guy that was "hot" from my Teen Beat Magazine. It was always a score when it was the poster edition - my room was covered.

6. What were your favorite tv shows/movies? 7th Heaven was so my favorite. I also remember 
watching TGIF every Friday with my family - we never missed it!

3 comments:

  1. That exactly what my bedroom looked like too. And I have photos of it somewhere, I had a camera with only a few shots left that I wanted to get developed (remember those days?), but I have no idea where it is. And I didn't just cover the walls with poster, but any BSB photo I could find was cut out of a magazine and pasted onto the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh those are all good ones!! Man what a fun trip down memory lane :) Loved TGIF! So awesome and I always looked forward to it. Bahaha Performance fleece! Hilarious--totally forgot about that one. We also collected beanie babies at our house. My mom gives them away now for prizes to her 1st graders lol. And I totally rocked those hoochie shorts...so sad but true. I would always get in trouble for them at school due to the fingertip rule.

    PS--Can't wait to see your new blog design :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the performance fleece! Hope your weekend went well!

    ReplyDelete