Monday, August 13, 2012

Ten Secrets

So excited for Tuesday's now! One of my favorite blogger's; Tiffany at the Austin Family Diary has started a link up and this is going to be a fun one! With that said, today I will be sharing ten secrets.. which kind of turns in to a "about me" post but here they are:
1. I was a swimmer for 15 years and miss it more then anyone could imagine. It was my feel good, mind cleanser, work out and passion for so long and I know I need to get in the pool.

2. I love Hollywood, celebrities, Hollywood news/gossip... and my Dad is my go to person to discuss the "hot topics" of Hollywood.  My Dad is a sports maniac and is completely a man's man... BUT he somehow keeps up on the who's who of Hollywood and I LOVE IT!! I got a text from him a few weeks ago that said "I knew Tom and Katie would not make it"....

3. While on the subject of my Dad... he is deaf and I am fluent in sign language.

4. I struggle with my weight - constantly. It has brought me in to many depressions.

5. Loosing my family and the people that are close to me scares me so much. I cherish life so much and remind myself constantly not to take the people I love for granted.  Life is so short - live it happily.

6. I have developed such bad anxiety while driving by myself or with others.  I am a paralegal and our main focus in the firm I work for is car accident injuries and since I have worked there I have become terrified of being in cars.  I constantly remind people that I am driving with that it is not their driving I worry about - it is the idiots on the road that are not paying attention that I am scared of.

7. This whole getting older thing is scaring me.  Everyone is starting to have kids and I know my husband and I will make amazing parents but in the back of my mind I am not sure if I am ready to give up my freedom. Selfish, I know. But at the same time I have my baby names picked out AND have bought several baby outfits that I just had to have for my future offspring - you would do it to if you baby shower shopped as much as I have!

8. I like wine. A lot. Pinot Grigio specifically - but I LOVE fruity mixed drinks too.

9. I am a lover of board games.  I would choose a game night in my PJ's at home over a night out at a bar anytime.

10. I am a true and loyal friend. I take friendships seriously. I attract crazies though. So many of my failed friendships have been because of "the other person"... I compare myself to Theresa and Jacqueline from RHONJ.

11 comments:

  1. Love that you and your dad talk Hollywood gossip :) That's so awesome! I'm also terrified of losing a loved one and am really trying my best never to take any one of them for granted. I'm also a super loyal friend--I hate it when anyone says anything bad about one of my friends and will always be there to stick up for them. Thanks so much for sharing your secrets and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you and your Dad can talk gossip! I love WINE and pinot Grigio is my favorite too! I love your RHONJ reference, because that is my favorite show and I think they are such good friends to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome that you and your dad gossip! I wish my dad and I had something in common, other than arguing. If there were an award for the length of a father and daughter argument, we would win hands down. I love my pops :D
    I took three years of sign language, and I loved it! I have a couple deaf friends and I love getting together with them. I'm a little rusty at the moment though.
    I don't want to get older, but my reasons are a tiny bit different. I just don't want to start becoming incapable of doing things, or getting all the aches and pains etc. It scares the heck out of me.
    I am so with you on #9! I would take a nice relaxing family game night over going out to the bar/club any night :D
    Love your secrets! New follower!
    Stopping by from the 10 Day You Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you know ASL! I took four semesters in college. It's such a fun language to learn! I wish I could sign something to you and your dad through this comment :) I'm with you on #7. I don't want to be a grown up! And I feel like its time to have kids, but it scares me. Love your fun secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I have always wanted to learn ASL! It is such a beautiful thing to watch, I would love to be able to speak it!

    I am a huge Hollywood drama buff too, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ASL. My dream is to be a teacher at a school for the deaf.
    I'm a board game junkie too.
    Oh, and believe me once you have a child you don't remember it any other way. The freedom that is given up to be a Mom is small compared to the love and amazement you have for your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! A fellow swimmer! Yeah I really need to get back into the pool as well. It has been a long time out of the pool for me. I love Pinot and board games as well! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you thru the Sunday Social! Happy new follower! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally cannot go to the grocery store without lingering at checkout just to look at all the magazines haha That's awesome that your dad is into it too, and that you know sign language!!
    I also prefer staying in, especially if there's a board game involved!
    your blog is so cute and I'm thrilled to be your newest follower! I would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir @ coffeebooksandairplanes@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. #4...yes, yes, yes...I am currently in weekend regret for eating crap all weekend after doing so well working out lately. Just have to develop the attitude with myself to get back in the game and not give up after just 1 set back.

    Found you from the 10-secrets link up,
    Lauren
    http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am overly paranoid while in the car too. It started when I was pregnant with my first.

    ReplyDelete